Notice of availability
AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based not-for-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambition of Agenda 2063 and based on a recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, AKADEMIYA2063’s vision is Africa with the expertise needed for the Africa we want. This expertise must meet the continent’s need for data and analytics to ensure high-quality policy design and implementation. Comprehensive, evidence-based policymaking is key to achieving the continent’s development goals, generating wealth and changing lives for the better. The overall mission of AKADEMIYA2063 is to create state-of-the-art technological capabilities across Africa, primarily from its headquarters in Rwanda, to support the efforts of African Union Member States to achieve the key goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063. is. Transforming national economies to boost growth and prosperity. In accordance with its vision and mission, the main goal of AKADEMIYA2063 is to address Africa’s needs at continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analysis and mutual learning for effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and realization of its outcomes. to help meet. Critical mass countries. AKADEMIYA2063 achieves its goals through programs organized under five strategic areas: policy innovation, knowledge systems, capacity creation and deployment, operational support and data management, digital products, technology, and partnerships and outreach activities. I am striving to For more information, please visit www.akademiya2063.org.
Vacancy number: RW23001/SN23002
Position title: project officer
Department: policy innovation
position: Kigali (Rwanda) or Dakar (Senegal)
interval: Renewable for 1 year
The objective of the Digitally Enabled Resilience and Nutrition Policy Innovations (DERPIn) Project is to develop the capacity and agility of government planners and private sector operators, including smallholder farmers and their organizations, to develop adaptive and impactful policies. and programming to move the food system forward. Transform and become more resilient to future shocks. It does this by combining digitally enabled and customizable tools, data and analytics products to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside government. DERPIn is financially supported by the Center for International Joint Development (GIZ), the Federal Republic of Germany’s implementing agency for technical and international cooperation. AKADEMIYA2063 is looking to hire a competent project officer to support the DERPIn project implementation. This position is her one-year term appointment, renewable subject to continued satisfactory performance and project funding.This position is open to interested applicants based in Kigali (Rwanda) or Dakar (Senegal) You should already have appropriate permissions to work in one of these locations.
duty and responsibility
- Collaborate with project leaders and colleagues to develop project work plans and monitor activities.
- Manage calendars, plan deliverables and activities to keep staff and collaborators working on projects at their attention and ensure timely delivery of product and project deliverables and milestones.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans and closely monitor and manage project procurement activities
- Drafting and facilitating sub-contracts with partners/project collaborators
- Ensure timely submission of financial and technical reports from partners/subgrant
- Contract and consulting management
- Work with the communications department to ensure that the communications deliverables are aligned with the project’s communications plan
- Lead editing content for annual and semi-annual reports and work with communications team
- Communicate and respond to requests from project partners and collaborators and manage these partnerships
- Plan and lead project-related events such as conferences, trainings and workshops
- Create high-quality presentation materials on project activities and progress and present them at internal and external conferences and events
- Contribute to the drafting of documented project deliverables (reports, research papers)
- Contribute to project outreach to a variety of external audiences, including the donor community, government officials, and international and national research institutions.
- Work with accountants and applicable F&A staff to monitor levels of effort and resource expenditure against project budgets
- Other Obligations Assigned or Required
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, program management or related field
- Experience in coordinating or managing a research project/program
- Project management qualification – preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing project management systems and tools
- Proven experience interacting with stakeholders (donors, governments, non-governmental organizations, research institutions), preferably in an international setting
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and produce finished products on time
- Team-oriented spirit and strong interpersonal skills, including flexibility, problem-solving, working and negotiating under tight schedules and complex circumstances
- Ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Proactive, Reliable, and Attention to Detail
- Proven ability to plan and conduct trainings and workshops
- Prior understanding of resilience and use of technology and digital tools in the agricultural sector – preferred
- English proficiency (required) and French proficiency (preferred)
How to apply
Submission of application
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed resume and cover letter in English to May 3, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- This job description serves only as a guide to available positions. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, modify, omit or add to this document in whole or in part.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer, offering an attractive and rewarding work environment and opportunities for skill development.
- By submitting an application, applicants consent to the processing of their personal data solely for the purposes of the applicable recruitment process.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working at AKADEMIYA2063.Due to the high number of applications received, only finalists will be contacted